Saturday, July 6, 2013

Psych Out

June 6, 2013

So I am writing this to tell you, we didn't get induced today... So why did we go to the hospital then? Good question. My doctor thought that I was going to progress further by today than I have. So when I came in to get examined and my status hadn't changed since Wednesday, I was essentially told that the induction process would be a very long and tedidious process which could possibly lead to other medical interventions that Gus and I were not prepared to entertain. So we went over all of the options and what we would then be doing instead. So we did a movement test that checked the baby's heart rate as I moved around, measured the amniotic fluid, watched the heart beat and breathing on ultrasound, checked for total body and individual limb movements, and got her weight instead of delivering today. 

The "new plan" is to wait as long as possible without any interventions. At 42 weeks the rate of still births starts to jump up quite a bit so the end date (if I don't deliver by then I have to be induced) is July 15. Up until then I have a non stress test on Tuesday and on Wednesday I will be meeting the other doctor who will be delivering me and reviewing the results from the non stress test. Mom and sister come in on Monday, so they very well may be hanging out in the waiting room whenever this girl decides to come... A point I would like to mention is HER weight is ALREADY 9 pounds 4 ounces... I may very well be pushing out a 10 pound baby in the OP. Talk about some back pain... Now I am hoping she turns around more than I am hoping she comes soon. These pregnancy ailments will seem like cake if I have to deal with back labor! 

Am I disappointed? Actually, not really. Gus and I are pretty happy about it really. I am glad the decision has been made. When I was given the choice of getting induced for July 6th I felt this huge stress descend upon me, it wasn't really a thought I had until it was brought up. Now that it isn't an option essentially, I feel a huge weight lifted from me. Although, my maternity leave is still dwindling down and I want to have more bonding time with her, I will figure out the work situation the closer that gets and adjust accordingly.  

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. So thoughtful of you to pop out this post in the midst of everything else you are and have been going through. And so we will wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries, Erin. Your daughter will call the shots. My advice to you as an experienced Mom is to release all control and let her take charge. She will cue your body and all will be well. No worries about the maternity leave and bonding. All is well and in Divine timing.
    xoxox
    Marilee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jeff! I want to keep the family and friends informed of what is happening. Not everyone has the good fortune of being in CA right now :)

    Marilee, wonderful to hear from you! I can now officially release control, since truly that's what the plan now is. Thanks so much. I hope all is well with you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trevor and I are thinking of you guys!!

    ReplyDelete