Friday, July 5, 2013

My Baby Love

July 5, 2013 (Past due)

Oh how I need ya... A.K.A. no baby yet. What a great week it was, though! Unfortunately, it didn't actually involve labor, but a lot happened otherwise. Anne's birthday weekend was very fun and we have been making great dinners all week together (Anne, Lyn, Gus and I). As Lyn said, "Everyone needs a housewife!" Noting all of the great meals we have been cooking this week! My dad came into town on Monday for work which he was able to sync up with the expected delivery. We have been able to spend some great quality time with him while he has been here too!

It has been quite the waiting game on this front, so I have been nesting... Otherwise known as deep cleaning the house (over and over again) and making other silly lists of things to do that I suddenly feel need doing around the house before Sierra gets here. You would be surprised with the number of things you can think of when you aren't going to work every day. Gus and I have done weeding, planting, irrigating, mowing, dog poop picking upping, and Gus made an outdoor shower (for all of our guests that are coming into town in the near future... just kidding).To help keep me further occupied during this time of limbo, my best friend Crystal sent me a whole season of a show on DVD, and I also checked out a number of DVD's from the library. 

I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday to see how things were going and all seems pretty normal, except for the no baby part... which is as it turns out pretty normal too. What really came out of the doctor's appointment is a date, July 6th. I've got my appointment to head on in that morning to the hospital. Cervadil is a gel that is applied to help dilate the cervix and help get the party started. It was a big decision (with seemingly a lot of stigma around it), but we decided to go for it. I didn't think that I would be a person who would want to do that, but here I am July 5th and I am ready to have this baby... hence the "I need ya oh how I need ya." She's not treating me bad by any means, but I would like her to come out now... my hips have had it, not to mention the other list of aliments. The point of all this is that when I made my decision with Gus, I had this fear of judgement that may or may not come along with it... Luckily, I have come to the point where I have let that go and I am truly very happy to get to welcome her into the world tomorrow! The one thing I will miss is having her move inside me and feeling her all the time.

Here's my last prego belly photo (I am somewhere around 35.5lbs of pregnancy weight gain, all that good cooking helped) you can see part of her sticking out in this shot:

THE NEXT POST WILL BE BABY PHOTOS FROM THE HOSPITAL!!! STAY TUNED!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment