Friday, January 25, 2013

No News is Good News



January 25, 2013 (17 weeks +):

Early in the week we saw Cousin Rikki, Curt, and daughter Celice twice (once for dinner and once for the 49'ers game - they are huge fans). Rikki is so supportive and offered to go to used/thrift baby stores with me when I'm ready to look at baby stuff and answer any questions I had about pregnancy. Otherwise, this week was a pretty normal week when it comes to the pregnancy. On Wednesday I had my blood drawn for the second trimester screening. I always look away when I have blood drawn and the lady always asks in a concerned voice, “Are you ok?!” I’m thinking to myself, do people actually watch you take the blood out of them every time? And if so, does that make them appear to be less bothered by the fact that you’re stabbing them with a needle? Maybe I should start watching so they don’t seem so concerned.  Anyhow, I called to check when I find out the results. If there is something abnormal then they call, otherwise it just gets discussed at the next appointment. No news is good news.

While I was on the phone with the nurse at my doctor’s office, I also asked about the timing of the ultrasound. Since I wouldn’t be back until almost 22 weeks, I thought maybe they forgot to tell me that the next appointment would actually be the ultrasound. Either way, Gus wants to be there, so I had to find out. She was surprised that they hadn’t given us the paperwork to schedule it. YES! That means we get to schedule it the week before my next doctor’s appointment! I’m so excited to schedule it. That means we will find out what the sex of the baby is (for sure) the week of February 18th.

My weight dropped back down to an 11lb total gain. So that’s good. I just feel bigger. My uterus is definitely stretching out (ligament pain on and off) and my athletes are starting to get excited because they can see the baby bump through my shirt. This weekend is the men’s soccer banquet; looks like I will be putting one of the maternity dresses that my dad got me at Target to good use!

17 weeks:


No comments:

Post a Comment