Friday, May 9, 2014

Hellllllo family!

5.8.14 (approaching 10 months)


Last weekend Aunt Lyndsey, Gus, Sierra and I went for an (almost all day ride around Davis). We left the house around 9am and returned around 2:30pm. We met Lyn at her house in town with her new bike! We rode for quite some time around the Davis bike paths, stopping at playgrounds, and the bagel shop for lunch. The following morning Gus and I wanted to try to get a mountain bike ride in, so we switched off mountain biking and playing with Sierra so we both could get some ride time. Later that afternoon, Jerry and Grammy Anne came by for a surprise visit. They bought bikes too!






 After we all had lunch together (Jerry, Anne, Lyn, Gus, Sierra and I) and took part in the epic bike purchase we all came home to relax. Sierra played with boxes and dog toys (she also decided to kick off her jeans). The dogs played with balls and each other, Gus watched birds and I watched everyone. It made me miss my family too (you all better be following the blog to see Sierra grow).














The week went by in typical fashion. Today the woman who runs our daycare made me cookies for mother's day (she said her daughter wanted to make them for me). She is so sweet.

I am remembering my brother tonight. He died 5 years ago today (east coast time May 10). I wish he could see her and be Uncle K.B. I know how much he would get a kick out of being a part of her life. I can imagine he would have loved it. I don't get to see my family very often being on the opposite side of the country from them, but they are still in my heart and I know they love seeing these pictures of her as she grows. Thank goodness for the internet.



No comments:

Post a Comment