Monday, June 30, 2014

What happens when you get unexpected vacation?!

June 30, 2014 (don't say it... she's almost one year old!!!)

Somehow we must have forgot that our gym was going to be closed during the USA Track and Field Championships, but all of the sudden the week was upon us and the gym had to be closed. So I took time off to spend with Sierra! 

Earlier in the week our human and dog family went on a few walks at the preserve, and enjoyed our mornings together. We also were able to get out on the bike (and the bike trailer) to downtown. On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I brought Sierra to the pool which she absolutely loves... but now I am wondering what doesn't she love (oh, yeah, being confined... a.k.a. CAR SEAT). On Thursday one of her best girlfriends turned 1! What a lovely party it was too! Ariana truly enjoyed all of the delicious baking that her mom, Sophia had done (not to mention all of the adult guests). It was such a classy brunch, something straight out of an upscale magazine (add 6 kids +/- 1 year old). I kept wanting to sit and enjoy some mom convo but instead I kept chasing after Sierra, who wanted to explore everything. She loved listening and dancing to the guitar (thank you Dah Dah for introducing it because she is hooked)!


 My darling, Sierra. A mother's love has no words.

 Ariana and Sierra seem to remember each other at each encounter... or at least that's what it seems like. Sierra quietly observe her from a foot away while she dug into her birthday cake.
I stopped in at the SPCA thrift store and bought Sierra a purse and "purse-like" items for her. I thought it was necessary seeing as she always tears through every woman's purse that she encounters. She seems to enjoy it, but then again...

I was able to get my lifts in while she napped on 2 of the 3 days, and although I don't feel like I lift "as hard" at home. I do manage to get it done.

The whole human/dog family drove down to Grammie and Grandpa's house on Friday night. I have been entering sleep deprivation once again (a return to the early months of parenthood) because I have been waiting up for Gus to return from work... for some reason I can't help it. Then again after this weekend I am starting to realize how much I need to just go to sleep more often.

Gus, Sierra, Oso and I went up to China Peak on Saturday morning. Gus and I switched off hiking with Sierra and Oso and mountain biking. It was the opening day there and the lift tickets were free, so we couldn't miss the opportunity to come back up to the place we were married 2 years ago. My best friend and her fiancee Onkar, came up to Anne & Jerry's that evening (she is doing one of her rotations in Fresno). We all enjoyed spending time with one another.

On Sunday morning Auntie Lyn told Gus and I to go back to sleep and she watched Sierra while we slept in!!! Later in the day we all visited GREAT Grandma Maribeth in Fresno. Sierra had a blast! She was squealing with delight when she saw all of the teddy bears she had on display.







Both Great Grandma and Sierra seemed to enjoy the visit.

We met up with Crystal and Onkar right after our visit for a delicious lunch at an Ethiopian restaurant called Lucy's Lair. Sierra even enjoyed eating most of the food (thank goodness because she was getting cranky). We filled up Gus's growler before we headed back to Anne and Jerry's. Gus, the dogs and I headed out for a mountain bike ride that afternoon while Auntie Lyn and Grammie hung out with Sierra.
Once we got home we all hung out in the "pool" (the hot tub that was cooled to 90 degrees). We were all getting splashed!






Although it was a little rough driving home today and both of us having to prep the baby food and bag for day care (not to mention our own). It was worth spending the extra night to spend time with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment